1. Will there be vegan and vegetarian food options available at the conference?
All meals, snacks, and drinks at the conference will be vegan/plant-based.
2. What is the dress code?
We do not uphold a strict dress code for the conference, but most attendees choose to dress business to business casual.
3. Why is this year’s conference at a new venue and not at Lewis & Clark Law School?
The conference has consistently sold out early over the past several years. In order to allow everyone interested in attending the opportunity to do so, we felt it was important to provide a larger venue.
4. Will CLE credits be offered?
Attorneys will be eligible for CLE credits, pending approval from the Illinois State Bar Association.
Anyone seeking credit in other states should submit approval paperwork to their local bar association CLE boards or retain the certificate of attendance which we will be providing to attorneys who register for the conference, if their state has a reciprocal agreement with either of these states.
5. Where do I find the written materials for CLE participants?
Materials submitted by the speakers are posted on the conference website’s “Resources” page. PowerPoint presentations will also be posted on this page after the event, pending approval by individual presenters. NB: we will not be providing print-outs of the written materials.
6. I registered for the conference but am no longer able to attend. What is the refund policy?
Refunds were available until September 28, 2018.
7. Are companion animals or service animals allowed at the conference?
Unfortunately, the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile does not allow companion animals in the guestrooms, lobby area, meeting spaces, or restaurants. Only ADA-approves service animals, therefore, are allowed at the conference. Please leave all other furry (or feathered, scaly, etc.) companions at home.
8. Is student housing available?
We are not able to provide housing for students.
9. I am a law student and cannot afford to travel to the conference. What can I do?
The Animal Legal Defense Fund is offering a limited number of travel grants for SALDF chapters around the country. You can find the travel grant application here.
10. How do I get from the airport to downtown Chicago?
For information on ground transportation to and from the airport, as well as getting around Chicago over the weekend, check out our suggestions here.
11. How can I sponsor the Animal Law Conference?
Sponsorship information is available on our website at this this link.
12. What else can I do while I’m in Chicago?
Chicago is a diverse and bustling city with lots of fun things to do! A quick Google search will result in lists of activities in Chicago, like this one from Choose Chicago.